Kangaroo Island Assemblages is a reference collection of 47 of my pieces. The book also features photographs that I’ve taken over the years of Kangaroo Island’s inspiring landscapes and unique ecology.
Some artworks sit beside photographs of the plant species from which they were created or show the insects that chewed the leaves or the cocoons they created. Other spreads show two pieces of the same size, arrangement and species but with strikingly different results due to weathering or the impact of other creatures. I hope people find it insightful.
Revised, reprinted 2016 edition: hardcover, 208 x 263mm, 80 pages, full colour, individually signed, $88 (Australian) plus packing & postage
1. Sealink Ferry Terminal (Jetty Wharf, Penneshaw, B9 on the tourist map)
2. Kangaroo Island Gateway Visitor Information Centre (Penneshaw, B9 on the tourist map)
3. Open Studio (by appointment) (near D’Estrees Bay, C7 on the tourist map)
4. Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery (Willsons Rd, MacGillivray, B7 on the tourist map)
5. Islander Estate Vineyards Tasting Room (78 Gum Creek Rd, Cygnet River, B7 on the tourist map)
6. Southern Ocean Lodge (Hanson Bay, guests only)